Farthest Horizons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Capturing, motivating, inspiring — one imagination at a time.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Benjamin Huynh

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cabazone

Cabazone

Benjamin Huynh Empty
PostSubject: Benjamin Huynh   Benjamin Huynh EmptySat May 19, 2012 9:41 pm

The following are brief summaries of the books that i am working on right now.

A Higher Duty

Family, or Country?
Home, or Ideals?

These questions tore apart America during the Civil War. From 1861-1865, families, homes, and relationships were torn apart by war. In this book, follow the journey of two brothers. One, fighting for freedom for his country. The other, for the preservation of his country. And through the crucible of conflict, each learns the truth about himself, and the emotions that led them to chose to whom the higher duty lay.

"True patriotism sometimes requires of men to act exactly contrary, at one period, to that which it does at another, and the motive which impels them — the desire to do right — is precisely the same." -Robert E. Lee

Angriff von Unten

Roughly translated, the title means attack from below. The main protagonist is a man named Captain Gunther Bock. One of the Kriegsmarine's greatest U-Boat captains, Bock is a national hero. The book opens with his attack on an unsuspecting British destroyer. The story will follow him from his humble beginnings in a small Anabaptist community in the mountains of Bavaria, to the command of the U-120, the finest of the Type XII U-Boats. Through a series of events during one of his cruises, Bock is faced with the reality that the leadership of his country is leading his country towards destruction. He becomes an active participant in the July 20 plot to kill Hitler, and is executed by the Gestapo.

The most important aspect of this book is going to be it's realism. I want my readers to look at it and wonder if it really happened. Most of the plot is still up in the air, because this is a long range project. I will not begin work on this book till i publish A Higher Duty.
Back to top Go down

Benjamin Huynh
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Farthest Horizons :: Forum :: Members Area-
Jump to: