Farthest Horizons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Capturing, motivating, inspiring — one imagination at a time.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stephen Camp

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Johnnyred
Admin
Johnnyred

Stephen Camp Empty
PostSubject: Stephen Camp   Stephen Camp EmptySat May 19, 2012 11:57 pm

There are only a few projects that I am working on at this point in time. They are primarily a timeline project with sub-projects, and even sub-sub-projects. I've been writing for some time, and used to juggle quite few stories at once, but in the past several years I've just been concentrating on a small handful of stories so that I can give more concentration to each one.

Project: Excalibur
(Project origin date: July 2007)
Project Inspiration: Space Battleship Yamato/Star Blazers, Space Pirate Captain Harlock, The Irresponsible Captain Tylor and Earth Star Voyager
Series Plan: Trilogy
Series Ties: Albatross, Empire of Steam, Adventure Comix
Production Notes: Excalibur was originally started as two separate stories, "Battleship Texas" and "Galaxy Eagles"/"Project: Icarus". I noticed that both projects were significantly lacking something, and both had very similar themes, so I decided to combine the two, while leaning more towards the Icarus idea. The current project is still undergoing basic plot development, and character design/creation. It will be tied in with another series called "Albatross" which will take place in the same timeline. I actually have some character concepts, and I've got many of the main designs for the earth technology made, if anyone is interested, I can post the images.
Series Description: In the year 2299, Earth is at war with an alien race known as the Xorda. No one even remembers why they are at war, and there is no clear signs of an end. Both sides are evenly matched. However, earth has made a breakthrough in the battleship design, and has created a prototype battleship with a new type of engine drive and super weapon. The SDF (Space Defense Force) places as small crew of inexperienced soldiers aboard and sends them off into the deepest parts of space where they discover an ancient prophecy involving their battleship, the Excalibur. The series is set for a trilogy as of right now, but may be moved to as large as a seven book series. The other books have some loose ideas to them right now, but aside from that, nothing much.
Books in Series: Project: Excalibur

Empire of Steam
Project Origin Date: March 2011
Project Inspiration: None
Production Notes: This story is a completely original, inspired by the many steampunk books, movies, tv shows, and video games already in existence. The basic plot is finished, though some things are being edited. Character designs are finished for the most part, if anyone wants to see them, I can post images of them.
Series Ties: Adventure Comix, Project: Excalibur
Series Description: Set in the Victorian Era, the series revolves around Captain Jonathan Scarlett as he leads his ragtag team of heroes against the forces of Professor Elgolas as he attempts to take over the world. The first book is basically character introduction, and introduction to the setting. The plot of the second and third books are unknown as of yet, but there are some ideas for the second book, which will involve a war.
Books in Series: Empire of Steam

Wings of Liberation (If made a series, this will not be the series name)
Project Origin Date: September 2011
Project Inspiration: Yukikaze and Ace Combat
Series Plan: Single Book, or Trilogy
Series Ties: None
Production Notes: The basic plot is there, but there could be some major changes such as whether or not the heroes will be fighting aliens, or humans. There are no real character designs or technical designs at this time. Originally, this was a project named "Valkyries" which was tied in with a series "Squad 7" the overall plot from "Valkyries" will be carried over to Wings of Liberation, though many ideas will be left out.
Series Description: This story will be set mostly on earth in the not so far off future, in all likely hood it will be set in 2052 or sometime around then. It focuses on pilot John "Paladin" McRory and his RIO Yamato "Samurai" Kodai. The essentially begins with their court-martial where they are tried for shooting down a fellow pilot from their squadron. They are found innocent, but among other pilots they are disgraced. After the court-martial, they are removed from their squadron and sent to another where they are designated as "Second String" pilots. While with this squadron they find an experimental fighter, codenamed "Phoenix". Later, the main pilots for the squadron that Paladin and Kodai are assigned to turn rogue and attack their base. Paladin and Kodai pilot the prototype fighter against the squadron and defeat them, they are then placed in command of the few loyal pilots of the squadron as they continue to fight a war for the freedom of Earth.
Books in Series: Wings of Liberation

The Gunslinger
Project Origin Date: February 2012
Project Inspiration: None
Series Ties: None
Production Notes: This is a new series that I just came up with, so I don't really have much to tell you about it. There is some plot and some character development, but not much, the series is based loosely on people here at the college, and is set both at the college and in Chicago. The overall theme is something of a super hero story in the style of both Spider Man, and the Punisher.
Series Description: Basically, a college student in between his sophomore and junior year at HAC joins the National Guard in order to bring in more money. He was only anticipating that that he would be gone for ten weeks for his BCT. Little did he realize that he would be deployed in Afganistan shortly after his training was complete. Spending the fall semester in combat, he was wounded in his last operation. He is returned to the US and is stationed at the Illinois National Guard Station while he continues with college in the spring semester. However, he finds that Chicago has changed since the last year. A new mob boss has moved in and has taken over the city, and infilitrated the police department. Frustrated at this turn of events, and the fact that one of his close friends was either killed or wounded by one of the members of the mob, and the fact that the police department is just letting criminals go, the protagonist straps on a gun and decides to take matters into his own hands.

Books in Series: The Gunslinger, The Gunslinger: Warzone, The Gunslinger: Fugitive

Zero to Hero (Working TItle)
Project Origin Date: May 14, 2012
Project Inspirate: None
Series Plan: Webcomic/Graphic Novel
Series Ties: None (Or Perhaps a few allusions to The Gunslinger)
Production Notes: A new series that I dreamed up out of boredom on my twenty hour long trip back to Texas for the summer. Since I just came up with the idea I don't have much in the way of production so far. Essentially, the story is about the weakest super hero in all of history, and how he becomes the greatest hero in history.
Series Description: A calamity has befallen the earth. The great and powerful Obliterating Overlord has arrived on our planet and is threatening to destroy it unless some hero can stop him. Upon hearing this challenge, earth's mightiest hero, Captain Fazoom challenges him to a duel the next day. However, on the day of the great battle, our hero happens to oversleep, and runs late to the battle of the century. Rushing to get to the battlefield, the hero violates one of his cardinal rules: Always look both ways before crossing the street. As he rushes into an intersection, he is struck by an oncoming car and killed, thus dooming earth. However, there is still hope, for before Captain Fazoom died, he managed to bequeath his gauntlets, the source of his power to a passerby, and forces him to take on the mantle of Captain Fazoom the invincible Star Ranger, protector of earth! The new Captain Fazoom arrives on the battlefield much to the relief of everyone on earth only to be quickly defeated, once again dooming earth. The Obliterating Overlord gives the people of earth exactly one year to enjoy the rest of their lives or to find a new hero before he returns to destroy the planet, and he leaves. However, our (new) hero may have been defeated but he is far from dead! Instead, he was transported to the SSHMB - The Secret Super Hero Moon Base - (Pronounced Shoomb!), where is to be trained to become the ultimate super hero. A seemingly impossible task.
Books in Series: (Unknown)

There is another series that is my mainline series, known as Adventure Comix. The series is primarily a webcomic with some stop-motion animation films. However, the series has such a massive timeline that it will take a while to present an adequate summary of the series.
Back to top Go down
https://farthesthorizons.board-directory.net

Stephen Camp
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Farthest Horizons :: Forum :: Members Area-
Jump to: